Sunday, February 12, 2012

My Last Supper

 I have read a discussion on what was the last meal that you ate before your surgery.I think it is rather comical in a way that I have had my last meal several times. I have actually had 4 in my favorite restaurants.
1. Sushi at Mikimoto
2. Chicken Parmigiana at Olive Garden
3. Cheeseburger and loaded baked potato at Houston's Restaurant
4. Fried green tomato and shrimp romoulade poboy at Ye Ole College Inn (a famous local restaurant in New Orleans)
5. Randazzo's king cake
At home yesterday, my mom made chili. I ate it with a Nathan hot dog and St. Joseph bread from Dorignacs. For dessert, a little sliver of fresh pecan pie.

I think I am pretty much done. I come from a real Italian family. My mom makes dinner every Sunday and the family comes over. This is probably going to be hard to get used to after surgery. She is making Porter House steak, macaroni and cheese,salad, french bread and pecan pie ala mode.
I plan to have a small amount of steak and salad only.
This morning  I had a small amount of grits.

I know it has been typical for a lot of us to say goodbye to the food we used to eat and the way in which we ate it. I am excited though to make the transition to a new way of eating. These foods are not my friend and the enjoyment only lasts a little while. I have eaten this way for 45 years. I am so ready to begin again.
What was your last supper?

2 comments:

  1. You'll have all this stuff again, no reason for anymore last suppers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tomorrow I do clear liquids. Then surgery on Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete